Saturday, December 13, 2014

Music people in England- reeeeeaaaaaching out to youuuuuuu in the US of A

I teach music at a university in the UK, and one of my classes joined Nathan playing ukulele in one of Dr. Preston's classes via skype. My students are keen to connect with you guys. They have ideas, but don't really know how to make the direct connections... and I am no good at being a middle man(girl/lady/not-really-grown-up-person) and so I asked Jayce and Omar if I could post and put up a few of their blogs so maybe there could be a more direct link.

From January, my students will be planning and teaching lessons (1-to-1 private music lessons) and it might be fun if some of you were interested in doing a skype with them, or a video exchange, or something - I throw that out to you! It is certainly not required for their course, but has a lot do do with how they might use music in life, would be great for their learning, and hopefully would be fun! All of my students have had police checks before starting their course (because that's what you have to do in the UK to work with any minors)... so they have all been checked out to be decent people...

As for connecting - a couple of the people have blogs -
Pete the guitar player: petemaherguitar.wordpress.com
Rosie who plays organ: chichesterorganist.wordpress.com
Victoria (violinist) victoriaj94.wordpress.com
Others are on twitter:
Victoria (sax): @ToriHands
Jess (singer) @Jess_Bhatty (and here: https://soundcloud.com/jessandlaura-1/stay-with-me-cover )
Andrew (guitar) @woodeywood
Rebecca (clarinet) @beckieboo_94
Harriet (singer) @harrietcarter
Sarah (singer) @SarahHooplah

In the class we have violin, cello, guitar (acoustic and electric), piano, voice, organ, clarinet, sax, flute, and maybe a few more instruments... it is a jolly bunch and we would love to connect. Please feel free to introduce yourself or invite them to join in! I'm happy to connect too if you guys think up any projects. As someone who spent childhood summers in California, and now lives in the UK, I do believe the world is huge, but it is also a small place!

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I'd love to collaborate with the class I absolutely love all genres of music but lack the talent to create my own. I'm interested in learning to play the piano or acoustic guitar and I'd like to Skype with you guys if possible! You can contact me via email: @breerodriguez97@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter: @Bree_theG you can also check out my blog here: @breethegrodriguez.blogspot.com I'm looking forward to the collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ! The class has broken up for the holidays, but we will get back to you in the new year...I am sure I can find you one of my class to start you on either or both instruments. :) thanks for the reply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play guitar, but I got an alto sax a while back and I've been meaning to learn it. This sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up. Shoot me an Email chasehugh123@gmail.com or peep my blog http://chasehugh.blogspot.com/ can't wait to start on my journey to be the next Coltrane!

    ReplyDelete